Colegio Cristiano en Nicaragua: http://www.nicaraguachristian.org/

Our email: bracken@nicaraguachristian.org

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A summary of the last few weeks

My wife has told me that I need to give more details. I am more of a summary kind of guy, but I will make a greater effort to share some details regarding our last few weeks. For me, I have been running here there and everywhere. Apparently buying a truck down here requires a full week to complete a purchase. I have been to the police station at least three times in the last week and will probably be back again soon. I was so amazed that they required an emissions testing (testing to see if you are smogger), especially after I followed a bus that created a smoke screen for the whole city of Leon. Satellites would not have picked up on the city, but they were concerned about the emissions on my truck!! How did half the vehicles pass the test? This week my wife and Summer tried to blow up our new house.... Twice!! They started the gas oven to cook up a wonderful meal, but missed the lighting part. As they went to light one of the burners, they blew the door open on the oven. Thankfully no one was hurt, however now they won't have to shave their legs for several weeks. All the craftmen, electricians, delivery men say they are coming tomorrow, but tomorrow never seems to come. The man bringing us our gas was suppose to get us our container a week ago, but guess what... he will be here tomorrow, just like the last 6 days. In the meantime we are left to trying to blow up the house with a small gas tank over at Summers apartment. The kids are trying to adjust and still struggling to do so. They have their ups and downs, but yesterday we went to Managua to pick up something from a preacher in Masaya and made a quick stop at McDonalds. Our children rode in a truck on bumpy roads and Kora suffered car sickness all for a satisfying happy meal and a ten piece chicken nuggets with fries. I'm loving it!! Well, I have much more to tell, however, as a man my quota on words has been reached for the day. I hope that this has found you well, and I pray God's blessings on you. I will try to post some pictures on the next blog.

1 comment:

  1. Wow guys, I am speechless! I'm sad we didn't get to come tell you bye in person, but know that we are thinking of you and praying for your journey. I can't wait to read more on the Bracken blog. You people are crazy and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete